Have problem with my 3D connexion - Space mouse to work with sketchup, any solution will be appreciated

Have problem with my 3D connexion - Space mouse to work with sketchup, any solution will be appreciated

Have you installed the latest drivers for the device?

https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html

Please correct your forum profile. It says you are running SketchUP 2020 Pro on iOS. There is no such version! You must be running some variety of macOS. Also “128” is not the name of any graphics card.

As @DaveR noted, 3DConnexion often lags in release of drivers to cover both new versions of SketchUp and new versions of macOS. If you are using an older driver, it won’t install for SketchUp 2020.

1 Like

Yes Dave, it seem to work with other application except sketchup, is there a plugin or something in the sketchup program that block it. Thanks

Other people have managed to get their devices working with SU2020 after installing the latest drivers. I suppose you could have some plugin installed that creates a conflict. Did you just copy extensions from an older version of SketchUp when you switched to 2020?

I guess I would try a cold reboot of the computer and see what happens.

As @slbaumgartner asked, please correct your profile. That information is useful if it’s right.

The extension and driver for SketchUp must be installed separately in the support folder for each version of SketchUp. You need to use at least driver 10.6.5 before it will install for SketchUp 2020. As @DaveR noted, it is also possible to copy the files from earlier versions, but now that there is a 2020-compatible driver version that should no longer be necessary.

And let’s not forget the Evans Method chaps: SpaceMouse

Tried everything.Have new PC, drivers, the lot. Spacemouse works for a while then the main gimble just stops- side buttons work OK though. I’ve had this piece of hardware for years and its always performed badly. Should throw it away really but its a good paperweight.

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.