Hatching & patterns on surfaces in 3D

Hi all, I need to add simple patterns (dots & very minimal textures made from lines in black and white -i.e. not photorealistic textures, more diagrammatic, and similar to a drawing) to a sketchup 3D model. is this possible?

Yes there are a group of Pattern like materials built in SU. (At least in Windows, I hope it is similar in Mac)
You can use as all other material:
Adding Colors and Textures with Materials | SketchUp Help

patterns

Yes, these patterns are available in SU for Mac OS.

1 Like

Oh WoW!!! thank you so much!
I really appreciate it.

1 Like

I am able to select hatch and supposedly apply to a surface of an object in my model, however I cannot actually see any hatch…
Does one need to be in a specific mode / style to be able to view hatches? Thank you.

You need to be in ‘Shaded with Textures’ also you need your geometry to be scaled correctly. Quite often we find people have created their geometry so large that the ‘texture’ just shows as a colour because it is tiny.

1 Like

I didn’t accidentally put a link in my post above. If you read/listen carefully, you might find the answer to your question yourself. :wink:

1 Like

Oh! Wow thank you for pointing that out. Apologies for missing the link! And thank you all again.

1 Like