Group issue

After a lot of work on my model, it suddenly disappeared from the screen,Then I found it in a state where most of the faces were turned into lines and Im not able to select and see the materials and groups,also some faces appear by irrelevant colors .how can i fix it ? (im using 2017 sketchup pro)

This sounds like a case of some entity being at a huge distance from the model origin. Possibly a label that had one been attached to a group that has been deleted. Can you share the file so we can try to help you?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxh6kegkbrr58vz/interior.skp?dl=0

I don’t know what happened. I reset to perspective view and did zoom extents, maybe a couple times and I see the model performing normally.

I noticed four microscopic components by the origin, reacting strangely.

I don’t work in metric so I am unsure but is the building 38,720 meters tall?

And another note, I noticed the drawing was in parallel projection. For this I have to say:

Parallel projection! Good God you all! What is it good for? :sunglasses:

Only orthographic elevations, plan views, and some special presentation views–not modeling. OK sometimes you need to see things straight on…

1 Like

Egads, the room is 24 miles tall? That could certainly cause some display anomalies. I bet the “tiny” things by the origin are actually 1:1.

thanks for your notes, when this issue happened i became insane and scale my model so wacky.you are right and i appreciate for your time :)))

Sorry. I had to step out for awhile. Are you all set now?

I see the wireframe thing when I first open your file.

The main part of your model is at a huge distance from the origin. This isn’t good.

It’s best to model in Perspective and save Parallel Projection for scenes for display.

And purge your models once in awhile. There’s a ton of unused stuff in this one.
Screenshot - 1_21_2020 , 12_59_32 PM
Purging all this stuff reduced the file size by nearly 44%.

ow wow i had fortune on my side because you and some others help me ,i really appreciate your attemp.you were sublime :slight_smile:
Mmmm do i need to use “purge unused…” to remove tons of unused stuff?

ow wow i had fortune on my side because you and some others help me ,i really appreciate your attemp.you were sublime :slight_smile:
Mmmm do i need to use “purge unused…” to remove tons of unused stuff?

Thank you. No one has ever called me that before. :blush:

That’s the easy way to sort out the unused stuff. Go to Window>Model Info>Statistics and click the button.

kisses for you:)))

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.