Graphics card not being recognised

Hello,

I’m after some help please.

I have recently upgraded PC’s and have come across an issue which I can’t figure out. When modelling in Sketchup, it’s painfully slow doing anything within Sketchup. I know that the graphics cards are working ok, as Vray is utilising them both (P4000 in SLI), and programs like photoshop etc seem fine. I’ve run the Sketchup check program and its confirmed that my graphics cards aren’t operating as they should, its saying that the graphics cards has only 1mb of graphics memory.

Would anyone be able to advise me what the problem might be?

Many thanks in advance.
Fred

Error_Log

That comes from Check Up exposing a bug in Windows’ reporting utility. It’s not that SketchUp isn’t recognizing your graphics card.

In SketchUp, go to Window>Preferences>OpenGL and check to see that your Nvidia card is being used to display SketchUp and not the integrated GPU.

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for responding.

Its definitely recognising it. See attached

2019-11-25_1533

I don’t know for sure if it will make a difference, but the checkup download page defaults to 2018:

If you select 2019 from the menu in the upper right, you’ll get the later version of the checkup application.

How large are your files, in general?

Hi, Not large at all. As an example you’ll notice it with models as small as 500kb!

Hi Colin, I tried that but that didn’t work either :0(

Is your Nvidia driver up to date? Current version for Geforce cards starts with 441, haven’t checked Quadros. I recently switched from a computer with an old Quadro FX card to a new one with a GeForce RTX and I do notice the difference. The new CPU is quite much faster too, though.

Hello, yep, all drivers are up to date too.

Your screenshot shows 436.30. Nvidia website has 441.28

Did you install SketchUp correctly? That is, did you right click on the downloaded installer and choose Run as administrator?

I’ve just un-installed it and will re-install. I can’t remember whether I originally installed with “Run as admin”, so I will see if that does it.

I’ll post back and confirm the out come.

Thanks for the help all. Very much appreciate you’re taking the time out.

You could have just repaired the installation but I guess it’s too late.

oh, yep :0)

Morning All,

After un-installing and re-installing with (Run as Administrator) it’s unfortunately not made any difference!

Would anyone have any other suggestions?

Many thanks for the help
Fred

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.