Glass is not rendered transparently

Hy everybody,

I am working on a 3d model of our new flat and making good progress, but with the windows the problems are starting - one of the windows is not shown transparently, even after remodeling it several times. Two other (from my point of view identical) windows work fine.

Screenshot

Both surfaces (in and out) are set to glass with 20% opacity, but from none direction is is shown transparently.

Any ideas?

Greetings from Switzerland,
Dietmar

Apply the glass material to both sides of the face. Sometimes both sides retain transparency, sometimes it does not. No idea why that is and would like to know such myself. Personally, I use a .png file for my windows and transparency is already set within the file itself.

Without examining the model it is impossible to say for sure, but problems of this sort often result from very small misalignments of the entities involved.

Upload the model so we can have a look :slight_smile:

If you don’t wish to upload the entire model, you can copy & paste the windows into a new file and upload it.

If you paint a face with a transparent material, the reverse side of the face will also show that same material unless it was previously painted with another material.

-Gully

I have had a similar problem, caused by applying a texture to the inside of a window without realizing it. Check the inside and make sure it it painted with the correct texture. If you don’t want to do that, upload it so I can take a look and see if thats the problem.