Geo Location Won't import or show full map

Trying to set location in a new model. The location only loads partially, and will not import. Sketchup window says it may take a while and be patient, but the program freezes.
I have already claimed ownership of the model, and logged in and out.

Here’s what I see:

Interesting. I get this with that address.

Montclair.skp (2.7 MB)

You might try clearing your caches. Or it could be your pomade. Have you tried FOP?

Well, ain’t this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!

How do you clear caches in SU? Google don’t have that answer

1 Like

I just blew lemonade out my nose!

Try clearing caches for Chrome.

You might find a power off reboot clears it up, too. That’s happened before.

Did you look at the .skp file I uploaded? Does it give you the area you wanted?

Any time a tile isn’t filled in you will get an error. Sometimes the missing tiles shows that way for everyone because of a problem with the image provider, but we know from previous times that even though me or Dave can see the tiles, you need not see them.

If you still have 2018 around it would be interesting to see if that is missing the same tiles. 2018 and 2019 have different folders for caching, if both fail it’s more likely to be a network issue.

Try going back to a lower zoom, then 18X again, and see if that is enough for the tiles to fill in.

I cleare my cache.
Rebooted.
Geo LocateStill won’t load.
I got your .skp file, and will drop it in the model, Thanks.
Would still like to use the feature…

When I zoom out to 16X all the tiles disappear. I’m running Windows 7 on an older laptop (kids in college, etc.) so might be a problem on my end?

Has it always been this way or did it start after Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T?

1 Like

Well,I’ve been able to use the geo locale function in the pass, so I reckon it started after that unfor-tune-ate event.

So I wonder what changed on your computer. Did you try right clicking on one of the blank tiles to see if there are any error type messages in the Dev Tools?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.