Generate report error..Help required

The Netherlands

Have you used 3D warehouse models? Which ones?

So this doesn’t seem regional, or OS-related, so I’m guessing it’s not browser version or update-related either. I have a feeling it has something to do with our web services, our actual websites, but I don’t know enough about the back end of these things to have a solid theory, My area is more front-end product usability support.
It might be helpful to somehow find out more about the nature of the dialog boxes that are popping up. I wonder if there is a way to find out if those pop-up boxes belong to the OS, or to the browser, or to the SketchUp application? Knowing what specific computer service is generating the error window might point to the root cause, if that makes sense.

Would any users with this issue be willing to do a live remote session with our people, since we can’t reproduce the issue internally? Please mention what country or state/province you are in.

1 Like

Hi all,

I’ve been looking at this issue today and unfortunately, I cannot recreate the issue locally either. I have performed a couple cache invalidations targeting Generate Report with the thought that perhaps a previous issue that has since been fixed was cached. I would appreciate if anyone affected by this issue could re-test Generate Report.

Thanks!

1 Like

not sure if related:
when deleting the standard template:

I Just tried it again and it is still sending the same errorerror

I would be willing to try

@mthrongard Thanks for volunteering! Are business hours or after business hours better for you?

I can try too. Australia - MAC OS 10.13

Thanks, Marco. I’m sorry that this problem is global, but if Roy does need to see the error live while he’s working on this, it’s helpful to have the option of users in a variety of time zones.

I have tried from a different machine ( MAC OS 10.11) and a with fresh installation of Sketchup. I have tried the “generate reports” and it works fine with no error.

Just ran the generate report on a small project that I have half finished. The report created the .csv file flawlessly on SU2018 and Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 - Build 17711 (prerelease 180703-1539).

@marco.baretta is it working on your first computer now? Could you try this, please:

1. Try Generate Report with your old installation of SketchUp on your original computer that had problems with it.
  2. Reinstall SketchUp and don’t update any extensions, then try Generate Report again.
  3. Update any extensions that need updating, then try Generate Report again.
  • and then let me know what happens at all 3 steps, please.
    Thanks! And thanks for trying with a different computer. Was that computer on the same internet network as your first computer? I’m curious about anything that could affect the security settings.

During business hours works best for me. I use it at work daily. Tried it again this morning and still not working.

This is a really strange problem. This morning (the Netherlands) the problem still occured. Then, 2 hours later, it seemed to work again. Happy, offcourse! But after rebooting the computer, the same problem occurred again… Can’t explain why, but it is really weird.

Generate report worked for a short while after setting up a teamviewer-session with our dutch supportchanel. Perhaps this has something to do with it? The second time we tried teamviewer again with no results.

1 Like

I’m commenting as the 2nd party in this (I’m IT and it is one of our Designers who is actually is having the issue). User is having the same error. He’s running Windows 10 on a fresh install of Sketch Up Pro 2018 in New York. Error appears to come from 3Dwarehouse.sketchup.com. He’s not using any components from the 3D Warehouse and is using our in-house designs which are all dynamic components.

When he goes to File > Generate Report the javascript error comes up and he can go no further. He did mention that at one point SketchUp crashed and he sent a bugsplat report to SketchUp and THEN generate report worked, but the next day when attempting to run a report again, it failed.

I will point him to this thread and see if he may be able to assist if you still need to do a live session with someone. Hopefully this helps

1 Like

Just got bitten by the Generate Report bug. Based in US. Windows 10 Home. Like someone else experienced, I had a bug splat at one point and Generate Report worked during that session but not afterwards. I’m pretty much dead in the water as far as productivity is concerned, and highly frustrated. I’ll keep checking here to see if there’s any resolution.

How are you using the generate report, with a self made template? Or are you manipulating the standard one?
When offline, Generate Report uses the old version, it will need some extra spreadsheet work, but at least you have something…

From one of our PMs: “Our current theory is that there’s an issue in the web service that GR is contacting. This issue unlikely has anything to do with 3D Warehouse other than the GR application is hosted there. One possibility we need to eliminate is that the user is using an older version of Dynamic Components, even though they’re reportedly using SU 2018. Could you ask them to verify the version of Dynamic Components they’re using by going into Extension Manager and expanding the extension info?”

Would the users affected mind taking a screenshot of that and posting it here, please? Thanks!