GAFE school and cannot login via Google

Here are some screen shots we are getting
and if I choose my account
and get this.

1 Like

Thanks @lboydjr. When you receive that second dialog box, are you seeing the SketchUp for Schools app behind it? If so, can you click the “escape” key and let me know if you’re able to access the app?

I see the app but hitting esc does nothing

Thanks. And if you click the “X” on that box, nothing happens, correct? We’ve seen a couple users with this issue so I want to make sure I can properly share this with our developer team.

Yes hitting the “x” does nothing either.

I am having the same issue.

When trying to sign in get the error - “SketchUp for Schools is only available for students and teachers in primary and secondary education programs.”

I also checked and made sure that we are listed as a Primary/Secondary Education in our Company Profile if that helps any.

What email domain are you logging in with?
@aps.edu

What browser and version are you using?
61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Do you have administrative privileges for your district?
Yes

Does you district have Google Classroom enabled?
Yes, Enabled for all with Data Access enabled as well

Does your admin have the same email domain as your users?
Yes, all of our users have the same domain

Is there any update on this issue?

We’re looking into it and will provide an update as soon as possible. Please let me know if anything changes on your end.

Thank you for the update. As of right now nothing has changed on our end.

Update for what it’s worth: I had this problem in the beginning, but it went away and I haven’t seen it since. I sometimes saw severe performance issues that were cured by closing the window and relaunching the app.

On Friday I had class on the school computers (iMacs) and 5 students and myself successfully logged in mostly with Chrome, and didn’t see any performance issues.

1 Like

Can you please fill out this Google form to help us further assist you? Thanks!

Sorry was out of town for a couple of days, I have filled out the form and sent it back to you.

1 Like

Is there any update on this? I filled out the Google form provided but have not heard anything back yet. This is very frustrating as there a many staff and students in my district that would really like to use this tool.

1 Like

Any update from the SketchUp Team?

@mik.kinstler @johnfaig @IceBergs

Thanks for your patience as we worked to build a system to allow schools who are blocked from accessing SketchUp for Schools in the traditional way. We’ve put your school’s domain on a whitelist; please try accessing now.

-Joy

@montoya_v

Can you please provide your school’s email domain?

-Joy

Thank you, Joy! It is working now!

Happy New Year!

Chris Bergs, MBA

2 Likes

Hi Joy,
I had a couple issues come up but have time to work on this now. We are still having issues getting into Sketchup using our GAFE accounts. What else do I need to do to resolve this issue?

Hello, I’m new to this forum but I am experiencing the same problem(s) as most of you. I believe I have also set up SketchUp correctly yet I still cannot login.
I am the admin for @ctclc.edu. My admin account, my regular email account and student accounts all cannot login.

Has anyone had any success getting in, or is this something we have to wait for SketchUp to resolve?

@lboydjr – what is your school’s email domain?