Future 3D Warehouse access issue?

I have SketchUp Make 2015, and since yesterday this message displays at the 3D Warehouse site:

“Uh-oh. Pretty soon you won’t be able to access 3D Warehouse from inside this version of SketchUp! Thankfully, it’s pretty easy to upgrade to the latest version of SketchUp. You can also fix this problem yourself.”

I uninstalled and reinstalled SketchUp today, but the message remains. Should I disregard it? (I use Chrome, btw.)

Uh oH !!! ~ The message should not appear in your version.

(The issue exists for versions older than SketchUp 2014.)

But I have the 2015 version - downloaded today.

You should not be seeing this message in SU2015. Can you load 3D Warehouse, then hold shift while clicking on the search button? Paste a screenshot of that debugging page here in this thread or PM it to me. Thanks.

I have deleted the data. Thanks.

@cingham111 Got it, thanks.

You can delete your post now (there’s some info, like email, that you probably don’t want to live here permanently).

@cingham111 Are you still seeing this warning message?

No. The problem appears to have been resolved. Much thanks!

I have are recently noticed problem of not being able to download Warehouse to my version of Sketchup (2015 pro).I do not even t get the search option but rather stopped at the "Heads up! 3d Warehouse is no longer supported for this version of Sketchup.
Yes I can go to the web get the models but no, I haven’t had problems downloading models in the past. (Am running Mac OS 10.11 .6 (El Capitan).
Is there workaround ?
And, if I could find a more recent discussion on this I gladly have done so. If redirected to such thats fine too. Thanks in advance,
rstanley@mind.net

The warehouse supports 2017 and newer. The work around is use a web browser to access it.

This “official” notice (in the 3D Warehouse category) is 3 years more recent …

Basically SketchUp and it’s cloud services generally support only the latest 3 versions.

I don’t currently have 2015 installed on my Mac, but 3DWH in 2016 continues to work ok.

The supporting last three versions thing is more to do with what versions the model can be converted to, and not just whether the window works at all.

The dropping of support for Internet Explorer will have stopped 2016 and earlier from working on Windows, I don’t think it should have affected Mac users, as far as seeing the page goes. But, as you would not be able to download 2015 format from the 3D Warehouse window anyway, then the window not working may not matter.

To get models into older version of SketchUp, either download Collada files with a web browser, or use the search feature inside the Components panel. Doing that will just show you models that will load ok into your scene, and clicking the model thumbnail will load it straight into the scene without needing the 3DWH window to open. If you do see the 3DWH window opening, then you may have clicked on the title or description text for the model.

1 Like

Dear Colin, DAn abd DAve,

It seems that simply reaching you guys through an email is a challenge ! ( Sepnd the last hour trying to sign up for the forum using a new address becasue the one used to reach the forum yesterday was not being recognised. I failed…
All I wanted to say was thanks for the advice on accessing the 3dWh . I am using the collada export through my internet browser as suggested and it works fine.

Regards,

Richard Stanley

2 Likes