Flowify problem with organic architecture

Hello my dudes and duedettes! :smiley:

I ran into some serious problems regarding organic architecutre in my Sketchup model and I need your help.
I’d like to begin with an apology for how long this post is going to be.

As you can see in my model ( God i hope I uploaded it right xD ) I started of with the face in section RED. The general idea was to cover the face with a lattice of an even thickness and to slam some dope hexagonal plates on top of it.
Unfortunately I ran into some problems with Flowify, and, to be quite honest, I could not wrap my head around this whole problem, so I simplified the aforementioned face in order to speed up my workflow and for once in my life accomplish something my dad would be proud of.

The simplified models are in the GREEN and BLUE zones, I actually managed to model a satisfactory lattice and bend(?) it a little bit with FredoScale Box Tapering. So far so good. But when I try to cover the face with hexagonal plates, or even hexagonal faces ( so that I could Joint push/pull them later on ) it does not work. Instead Flowify creates some messed up geometry. This failure of mine is visible in section LAVENDER ( or PURPLE idk ).

I guess the biggest problem is, that the face I’m trying to cover with Flowify was created by too many modifications and seems to be too complex. So my question for you, my fellow Sketchup users, is how can I cover that face with hexagonal plates? If possible, how to achive that without bending those plates but rather having a plugin tilt them to the right angle? Or maybe I’m approaching this whole probelm in a completely wrong way? Please help, you’re my only hope.

Thank you for your time and answers. :smiley: SKETCHUP FORUM PROBLEM.skp (14.0 MB)

SketchUp-hex.skp (1.7 MB)

Wow bro, you’re quick :smiley: I didn’t expect such a fast reply thank you very much :smiley: You made it with Flowify right?
Would you be so kind to tell me if thats possible to bend those hexagons along a face from section RED or PURPLE? Because that face in section PURPLE is a little bit more hmm… bended(?) than the one you’ve made, and the one in section RED is just batshit crazy :stuck_out_tongue: and I’m wondering if it’s possible at all?

Yes, with Flowify - hex (2).skp (2.1 MB)

First was from Purple.

You’re a ■■■■■■■ wizard mihai :smiley: thank you very much :smiley: so I guess now I go nothing else to do but get back to work.

Thanks bro

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.