Fix " Failed to read RBE/RBS file. "

" Failed to read RBE/RBS file."
I can hardly find a solution here, because it’s not SU’s fault!
And I looked more closely at the problem encountered.
Lucky I was thinking right.
The error of not being able to read RBE/RBS file is due to user permissions on your computer.
This means that you cannot use the “Administrator” user when using SU.
And you are required to use another user. Remember that the user " Administrator " is the user with the highest privileges.
Any manipulation of the Administrator requires permission, and SU does not do that by default.
Result :

1. You can change %appdata% ← navigate the SU folder to another folder that is not in the Administrator user.
    Or. You use a user other than " Administrator "

or

3 Likes

This method does not work when you are using the username " Administrator "

Are you using “administrator” as a name for a normal user account or are you using the administrator account?

i use account and username : administrator for my PC
but it cant read RBE/RBS file.
i will change my user. and successfully

I understand it is better to use a normal user account for daily use in Windows.
But remember to install SketchUp correcly as @dezmo told you!!

1 Like

This problem has been going on for nearly a year, and support have a case open for it, trying to figure out what is significant. I added some notes to that case, and also a link to this topic.

The case has a number of SUPSUP-155.

@JamesE will want to know about this.

1 Like

I have problem with any domain user, admin or not. Local users have no problems.
Error occurs only in Windows 10 stations. Windows 7 works fine, both users.

no solution, yet.

@colin Do you can report these tests to support? Why Window 7 works but Windows 10 no? Why only domain users have problem? I created a thread about my problem.
I use Windows 10 21H1, GTX 1050 Ti, 16GB RAM, SSD NMVe, i7-10700.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.