First operation ignored

Hi,

I have a really annoying problem and neither searching the forums or Google has been any help.

Every time a switch to some to the tools tool - say the pan too for examplel - and try and use it,holding the mouse button down and moving the mouse (actually it’s a laptop touch pad), nothing happens the first time. If I let go and try again, everything is fine. If I then switch to the orbit tool, again nothing happens the first time but if I try again it’s all ok.

This is the case for lots of tools but not the tape tool and a few others. Some work first time, some don’t.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mark

Hi,

Sorry to repost this but the first post had lots of typos and was hard to understand so I thought I had better try again.

I have a really annoying problem and neither searching the forums or Google has been any help.

Every time I select a tool such as the line tool nothing happens the first time I try and use it. The second time everything is fine. If I then switch to another tool like the orbit tool, again nothing happens the first time but if I try again it’s all OK.

This is the case for lots of tools but various others such as the tape tool and a few others work fine the first…

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mark

[/quote]

My fist idea would be check that your pointing device driver is latest.

Test against a known good pointing device.

Almost sound like the trackpad is having an issue ‘focusing’. Try a wheeled mouse to compare pointing devices.