File Will Not Open On My Mac

To ANYONE! I have a macbook pro and I’m new to Sketchup. I’ve been working on a file and jus today as I was finished and closed the file. I tried to reopen it and Sketchup crashes and will not open the file. Can anyone help me with how to correct this problem? Here is the file.

It opens fine on my pc, have you tried rebooting your computer.

Yes I have. I don’t know what it is. I actually had someone send it back to me about an hour ago and it opened for me as well. Then it crashed again…lol. Would you mind sending it back to me, to see if it opens again?

For me it crashed SketchUp with Windows 10, but on Mac it offered to fix the model. When I said fix later, it never finished opening on Mac. So I tried again and let it fix the model. After that I can open it quickly on Mac or Windows.

Here’s a fixed version:

https://we.tl/t-WqEcaNsh7Z

I wonder what I am doing wrong for it to have to be fixed and continue to crash. That’s what’s confusing to me.

Thank you for checking.

By the way, if you open Finder and choose Go to Folder… from the Go menu, then paste in this text:

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2020/working/SKETCHUP/RecoveredFiles

you may find a more recent version of the model.

Ok. Thanks I’ll do that

Go to Window/Preferences/General and Tick the box that says
Automatically check models for problems.
And don’t Tick the one that says
Automatically fix problems.
This should allow the model to open without crashing because you can choose to fix the errors. Leaving the second one unticked leaves you with the option to choose. In this case not fixing the problems makes it crash on both Mac and Win.

Ahhh…ok. I’ll do that right now.

As a separate (possibly related) note you are using Layers/Tags incorrectly.
Read up on them Here.

1 Like

Don’t know if it helps identify the problem but OP is making heavy use of FlexTools.