Can't open file on Mac

Hi Can anyone help. I have a file saved on my desk top. It also shows in most recents in sketch up. But neither want to open???

have not thrown anything away related in trash. was trying to share it in a dropbox but it won’t complete the task?

thanks! presentation tomorrow yikes!

What do you mean when you say it does not open? Do you get an error message? Does SketchUp shut down when you try to open? Are you getting bug splats?

1 Like

No it’s weird. Nothing happens? It doesn’t even bounce? I just keep clicking it on the desktop and in recents…buts it’s being stubborn and not doing anything,

Others are working fine?

Many thanks,

Paul Wills

I get a Bad Gateway message with your link.

Do you have multiple devices? Sometimes, the desktop is synced, to (iCloud settings)
If the file is opened on that other device as well, things go awry…)

The link works for me but it is only his email signature, not a file link.

Oh. Well, nevermind then.

I thought it was the file being shared so we could look at it and see if there’s possibly an issue with it.

1 Like

I removed the web link and your mobile phone number, to save spam bots from scraping your details from your post.

1 Like

I suspect this is a clue. If dropbox can’t access the file either, then the problem is with either your OS or the file itself, not with SketchUp. Have you tried rebooting the computer?

Thanks Colin, wasn’t thinking.

Many thanks,

Paul Wills