Face disappears using push / pull tool

Why does my face disappear when I push this circle? How can I avoid it? Thanks!!

Face_Goes_Away

What is the size of the thing, in particular the circle’s segments lengths?
Also, can you share the model here on the forum? That might help us … and you.

john

1 Like

Image shows the dimensions. I uploaded my model too. It is a small part I suppose. But I increased the size 10X and get the same behavior. It’s probably a setting I’m not familiar with. Thanks for any help/advice.

PushPullProblem.skp (1.2 MB)

The circle segments are too small

Thanks John. your suggestion does work in my model. Just which I know why the other way doesn’t work.

No, it’s not a setting and I don’t think it has to do with size. I can get the same effect with decently large objects. I think that push/pulling the ring-shaped face through when there is already a center hole is confusing SketchUp. This does not seem like intended or correct behavior.

3 Likes

@davidchick29, this suggests that you didn’t need the extra circular ring on the inside.
But if you do, copying the circular face (instead of using Push/Pull) would give you the same result.
You could however copy just the larger circle (without the ring face) to the other side. To have that ring face on both sides.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.