Extensions for Sketchup Make 2017

Trying to install LibFredo6 and Fredo6 RoundCorners. Successfully downloaded both and installed them through the Extension Manager. Both are showing Enabled in the “Home” tab but not appearing on the SketchUp workspace or in the Windows tab. Does Fredo6 RoundCorners work with the SU Make version?

You may need to quit and relaunch SketchUp

Round Corner will appear in the Tools Menu as a subset of Fredo6 Collection, and as a Toolbar.

Tried quitting and relaunching several times and still doesn’t appear in the Tools menu or anywhere else. Here is the error message when I launch SU:

Continue to get the error message: Failed to read RBE/RBS file.

Any thoughts?

Check whether the version you got is compatible with 2017. If not, Fredo might have a legacy version somewhere on sketchUcation.

The current versions of LibFredo6 and RoundCorner will work in SketchUp 2017. He does have legacy versions for SU2016 and older.

That error, which would have been a good idea to share in the first place since it is critical here, implies a permission error which commonly occurs with incorrect installation. There are numerous threads on this topic.

Go to the Plugins folder in User/AppData/Romaing/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp and delete any files or folders related to LibFredo6 or RoundCorner. Then with SketchUp closed, find the downloaded installer file, right click on it, choose Run as administrator, and then select Repair when prompted. After it complete, do a cold reboot of the computer. Download the most recent versions of the two files and, in SketchUp, use the Extension Manager to install them.

Thanks, Dave. Per your recommendation, I removed all of the LibFredo6 and RoundCorner files I could find; however, I was not able to find and run as an Administrator the installer file. The only files I could find were:

dependency_installer.rb
installer.rb
installer_set.rb
installer_test_case.rb

There wasn’t an executable to run. Where would I find it?

Thanks!

He’s talking about the SketchUp installer, not any extension or .rb file. Get a fresh copy of the SketchUp installer from the download page.

1 Like

I tried to follow the recommendations but to no avail. I even removed Sketchup and then reinstalled it but the extensions still do not appear anywhere. Here is what I get when I launch SU:

Error Loading File C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/Fredo6_!LibFredo6/top_LibFredo6.rbe
Failed to read RBE/RBS file.
Error Loading File Fredo6_!LibFredo6.rb
Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant LibFredo6_Loader::LibFredo6>
C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/Fredo6_!LibFredo6.rb:67:in process' C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/Fredo6_!LibFredo6.rb:74:in module:LibFredo6_Loader
C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/Fredo6_!LibFredo6.rb:30:in <top (required)>' Error Loading File Fredo6_RoundCorner.rb Error: #<TypeError: can't convert nil into an exact number> C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/Fredo6_!LibFredo6.rb:83:in -’
C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/Fredo6_!LibFredo6.rb:83:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require' C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/Fredo6_RoundCorner.rb:47:in module:Fredo6
C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/Fredo6_RoundCorner.rb:26:in `<top (required)>’
Error Loading File C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_advancedcameratools/actloader.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect/boot.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_webtextures/webtextures_loader.rbe

Painful

The final 7 lines or so of the error message refer to the ‘shipped extensions’ - those ending with ‘_su’ which come with the SketchUp installation, and when SketchUp starts it copies the files across from its Program Files subfolder and adds them to your SketchUp plugins folder as needed…

So this suggests that something is wrong with your installation…

I suggest the following…
Make a note of any extensions you have installed
Close SketchUp.
Find the folder C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins
and delete that folder.
Now it’s a blank-sheet…

Find the SketchUp installer’s exe file [in your Downloads folder ?]
Select its icon, right-click > context-menu > “Run as administrator”
When prompted choose “Repair”.
When it completes restart SketchUp and check that the ‘_su’ loading errors are now gone.

Reinstalled the other 3rd-party desired extensions - with Fredo’s you need to install his ‘Lib’ and restart SketchUp to ensure everything syncs…
If you still get any error messages at start up please post them again…

Thanks for your help! I followed your suggestions but still get “_su” loading errors. See below:

Error Loading File C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_advancedcameratools/actloader.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect/boot.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_webtextures/webtextures_loader.rbe

Thanks again.

Please confirm you did these actions…

Close SketchUp.
Find the folder C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins
and delete that folder.

When prompted choose “Repair”.
When it completes restart SketchUp and check that the ‘ su ’ loading errors are now gone.

If the Repair doesn’t work repeat…
When prompted choose “Uninstall”.
Immediately, select its icon, right-click > context-menu > “Run as administrator”
When prompted choose “Install”…

Report back…

(They are actually "su_" file errors.)

1 Like

Followed your suggestions. Haven’t tried to install LibFredo6 or RoundCorner yet but go the following error messages when starting SU:

Error Loading File C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rbe

Previously, I was able to successfully install and use CutList and TrueBend.

Could it be that LibFredo6 and Round Corners are just not compatible with SUMake 2017?

Not at all.

These errors relate the the shipped-extensions [su_…]
So something is preventing SketchUp copying the files from its subfolder in the Program Files folder into your user’s Plugins folder…

If you have deleted your user’s ‘old’ Plugins folder and reinstalled SketchUp ‘properly’ these errors should not happen,

In addition to using ‘Run as administrator’ to Repair SketchUp have you the tried doing it to do a full Uninstall and then Install operation ?

I will need to disagree. The files are being found. (The error messages are returning a valid pathname.)
They just cannot be read. This has happened in the past because of encoding issues.

1 Like