Exporting from Layout

I ran into a problem while exporting the job from layout to a PDF. For some reason Building Section “A” on Page A6 wouldn’t show the section cut when I exported all the pages together. If I export just page A6 then it would work as it should. I think I narrowed it down to it having something to do with details 1 & 2 on page A5 but am unable to fix them in a way to make everything work.

Has anyone ran into this before and if so is there something I can do to fix this?

Sketchup and Layout Files

Thanks in advance for the help.

This is what I see in that viewport in LO.

And the result of exporting to PDF.
Screenshot - 5_26_2022 , 1_06_09 PM

This is with export quality set to Medium and in LO2022.

Side note: Watch the tagging. Lots of tagged geometry.
Screenshot - 5_26_2022 , 1_09_51 PM

Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. This is a bit puzzling that it’s not behaving the same way between different versions. Since this is the first time in a long time this has happened I may just chalk it up as the file being corrupted and not use it in the future.

Side Note - What would your recommendations be for reducing tagged geometry? Also how did you get the report you’re showing me?

Thanks

I’m not sure what to say about the difference in exports between yours and mine other than LO version but if I remember correctly there was a change in the exporter with 2022. Maybe it’s time to upgrade or at least trial it.

I literally just opened your file and exported a PDF before I did any poking around.

Long shot: download and open your file from the link in your original post and see if it works.

As for the report, I used TIG’s Default Layer Geometry to fix the incorrect tag usage. It quickly goes through the entire model, untags the geometry and then provides the report.

I didn’t investigate what geometry was tagged but there are a few ways it can get that way. CAD imports often have tagged geometry, sometimes components from the 3D Warehouse do, and if you explode tagged groups/components to raw geometry the geometry will inherit the tag. Also, of course if you are fiddling with the active tag in the Tags panel you can get geometry tagged. Best practice is to not make tags active (leave the pencil icon at Untagged), Check imported stuff and correct the tag usage as you go, and if you must explode objects to raw geometry, the very next step while the geometry is still selected should be to go to Entity Info and choose Untagged in the Tag dropdown.