Exceeded activations - 2024 Mac

Ok, I started SU2023 this morn and got a New version alert. So I clicked the go ahead, quit 2023 and after the download, tried to start 2024. Got the Exceeded Activations. So I clicked the logout, went to the Trimble site and under the manage device in my account I clicked the deauthorized.

This apparently did nothing.

I went back to SU2023 and tried logging out there. Did the deauthorize and still nothing.

I’ve just wasted 1 hour of time trying this and looking for help on the web and nothing is working. Can anyone tell me what step I missed?

You need to sign out and close the instances of SketchUp and Layout before going through with the reauthorization process.

Signed out, quit programs. And only once I restarted my computer, did it appear to work.

And is that not the point of the deauthorizing? Forcing all apps (where ever they are) to have to re-login? I should not need to restart everything.

If you still have one of the apps open - even on another machine somewhere else, it will not kick you out of that session.

Unfortunately, I do not have a Mac - so I am hoping someone else can jump in and assist, but on Windows you would need to delete the login session.dat file from this location…

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp VERSION

You can also submit a support ticket here - https://help.sketchup.com/en/contact-support/technical-question/form

I’m experiencing the same trouble. someone please help.