Error with datasmith

how do i fix this

Error C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb
Error: #<LoadError: 127: N\xE3o

Is that all of the message? Have you contacted the author of the extension?

Erro ao carregar o arquivo C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb
Error: #<LoadError: 127: N\xE3o foi poss\xEDvel encontrar o procedimento especificado. - C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/DatasmithSketchUp.so>
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:59:in require' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:59:in require’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:122:in _load' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:105:in block in load’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:94:in checked_call' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:105:in load’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:894:in <module:Datasmith>' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:52:in module:EpicGames’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:14:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp.rb:51:in register_extension’

and i havent contacted the autor, i didnt even know that this was an option

Go to unrealengine.com Click on More and then Support.

How did you install the extension?

at the Datasmith Exporter Plugins - Unreal Engine, i downloaded the extension and installed it with the .msi

Did you install SketchUp 2020 correctly? That requires right clicking on the downloaded installer and choosing Run as administrator? If you didn’t, close SketchUp, find the installer (probably still in your Downloads folder), right click on it, choose Run as administrator and then choose Repair when it is offered. After repairing the installation, reinstall the extension.

1 Like

unfortunatly it didnt work, and i cant seem to find an answer for it online

Maybe you need to try contacting their support folks.

Did you have an older version of Datasmith installed previously ?
If so, perhaps uninstall that first, then reboot your computer.

Do any uninstall and installs with SketchUp closed.

I just installed the newest version of Datasmith for SU2020 and SU2021 without any issues.
It loaded fine in both versions.

2 Likes