Datasmith 2021 not working with SKP 2022

Just found out the new SketchUp 2022 can’t load the old 2021 Datasmith plugin. I’ve tried uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling, but I keep getting the same error above. Unreal hasn’t updated the plugin yet, but wanted to see if anyone is having the same problem? And does anyone have a good work around??

Cheers,

Error:

Error Loading File /Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb

Error: #<LoadError: dlopen(/Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/DatasmithSketchUp.bundle, 0x0009): tried: ‘/Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/DatasmithSketchUp.bundle’ (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have ‘x86_64’, need ‘arm64e’)), ‘/usr/local/lib/DatasmithSketchUp.bundle’ (no such file), ‘/usr/lib/DatasmithSketchUp.bundle’ (no such file) - /Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/DatasmithSketchUp.bundle>

/Applications/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.7.1/lib/ruby/2.7.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:92:in `require’

/Applications/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.7.1/lib/ruby/2.7.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:92:in `require’

/Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:129:in `_load’

/Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:112:in `block in load’

/Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:112:in `load’

/Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:1013:in `module:Datasmith

/Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:54:in `module:EpicGames

/Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp/plugin_main.rb:14:in `<top (required)>’

/Applications/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require’

/Applications/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load’

/Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp.rb:51:in `register_extension’

/Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp.rb:51:in `module:Datasmith

/Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp.rb:7:in `module:EpicGames

/Users/lucrevel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/UnrealDatasmithSketchUp.rb:6:in `<top (required)>’

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) // Apple M1 Max // 64 GB // SketchUp 2022

They need to recompile for the native M1 version.
Probably will take some time.

Haven’t tested it but it might work if you force to use Rosetta

1 Like

Very impressive Mike, you nailed it! Now the older 2021 Datasmith plugin loads and I can synchronize with Twinmotion. Thanks for the tip, much appreciated!

1 Like

Hi Hewn,
I read with interest your query and you seem to be happy with the solution provided by Mike Wayzovski. I have a MacBook Pro 16’. I have installed Rosetta2 and forced SKP to run on Rosetta. I have installed the Twinmotion plugin 2021. I tried to sync but I haven’t been able to get the link to work.
What have you done differently to succeed?
Thanks, Haks

https://twinmotionhelp.epicgames.com/s/question/0D54z00007PIItGCAX/as-the-datasmith-2021-plugin-is-not-working-in-the-new-sketchup-2022-any-info-and-when-this-plugin-will-get-updated?language=en_US

Capture-06

1 Like

Hi Hewn,
I just found this but I haven’t tried it yet.

Haks

It didn’t work.
I guess it’s a link for SKP22 to UE5.
Hope the link to SKP 22 plugging will be available soon.

Hi Vincent,
Could you please let us know where is the link for the SKP22 plugging for Twinmotion 2022. Thanks,
Haks.

Khen, read the text from the screenshot I posted. From hewnsmith’s discussion with Vincent form Epic, it appears that Vincent knows that the plugin exists, but he was wrong about its publication (it hasn’t been done yet).

If you want to write to Vincent (from Epic), follow the link,

and then on their page,

with a reference to Vincent by adding the @ sign before his name.

Or you can click on Vincent’s avatar, and in the window that opens, in the Question tab you can write directly to him.

Or you can wait for the weekend to pass and check next week if Vincent answers in that discussion or if the new version appears on the plugin page.

Thank you Mihai for your reply and clarifications.
I will have to wait until Monday.
Enjoy your weekend,
Thx, Haks.