Error reading, how do I add scrapbook on my sketchup 2D floor plan?

Hi there,

I am having issues adding scrapbook onto my newly created floor plan.

I am using Sketchup Pro 2022 Trial.

I have created a floor plan as part of my assignment… I am doing my assignment for reflected ceiling plan (RCP) for lighting. There was a lighting symbols that was given for my assignment, however it seems this file is older version.

There are two files that I am having issues.

1. Module 4 base plan- BACK UP - I created from scratch from Sketchup Pro 2022

2. Lighting symbol which was given to me for my assignment - There was instructions about how to add this onto scrapbook and I did add this, the scrapbook was there when I open this file. But the scrapbook does not show on my module 4 plan even I have already added.
    When I have my Module 4 base plan opened, I tried to go ‘‘file - open - lighting symbols’’ it does not allow me to open that file. It says ‘‘error reading…’’
    When I tried again, it comes up with the screen that I am not allowed to start a new file…
    I am so confused, and don’t know what to do.

I need to finished my RCP plan using the newly created floor plan, so I need to get the symbols onto scrapbook under the file that I am using. Can someone please help.

Please help.

Thanks,
Sarah.

Lighting symbols.layout (42.6 KB)
Module 4 base plan- BACK UP.skp (2.7 MB)

Look for ‘Scrapbooks panel’ in LayOut, not in SketchUp (as in your photo).

Send your SketchUp model plan to Layout.

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.
How do I turn my sketch up file to be a layout?

Thanks
Sarah

Normally, you first learn the basics of SketchUp, then Layout, at https://learn.sketchup.com/

Thank you so much for your help.