Episode 1: SketchUp in Architecture with Nick Sonder

Skiing? :wink:

1 Like

I have also met a Finnish structural engineer who does similar work as you.
I would say BIM is somewhat the reverse of what you do, basically BIM is about compiling a database of building elements, with “drawings” as one possible method of presentation and “quantities” etc extracted from the same source.

1 Like

Many thanks Nick! Great presentation!

1 Like

well I use generate report to extract as many information possible of the model and recently create dynamic component for extract more info

1 Like

Thanks so much Nick - really inspired by your work and appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

2 Likes

Is this presentation viewable on Youtube afterwards?

Hi @pbacot,

It is available here right now - https://www.crowdcast.io/e/fireside-chat-series-ep1?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=profile_web&utm_campaign=profile

For an in-depth look at site manipulation, check out our Campus track on Landscaping.

Thank you TysonK.

I will look-into this further. I remember seeing this in a search a few weeks back.
I just need to schedule the time to “do-it”!

I have been using the Nick Sonder/Matt Donley book/method since it came out. Everyone loves the results. Just need to get faster at it!!
I’m hoping that their updated book (video tutorials would be “golden”) comes out soon. Nock does really terrific work/graphics.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Will Episode 1 be available to view on this platform or Youtube?

1 Like

It looks like you can watch the replay if you are signed up for the series. Start on this page, and follow the signing up steps. Then you can replay this first one, and you will be set up ok for the remaining ones:

1 Like