Episode 7: SketchUp for Construction

Post your Ep.7 questions or share your thoughts about the episode inside this thread by hitting reply. One question per reply. John Brock will be live and available to answer your questions 30 minutes after the show.

Show time - 2020-10-28T18:00:00Z2020-10-28T19:30:00Z

Fireside Lounge (right here) - 2020-10-28T19:30:00Z2020-10-28T20:00:00Z

Ep7-JohnBrock-Crowdcast

4 Likes

I have Estimator 1.15 (not a fan of subscription so didn’t upgrade to version 2) and have also purchased your book, great job on both counts.

How much has your bid “hit ratio” increased using SketchUp together with your process and extensions?

2 Likes

How much time do you typically spend modelling and classifying for a (say about 3000 sq.ft for example) residential project?

2 Likes

I’m interested in this, but what time does that equate to for the UK?

The mountain time would be 7 hours beyond for :uk:

1 Like

This time zone converter should prove to be useful for future events - https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
:smiley:

1 Like

Looking forward to John Brock’s session. Him and Nick Sonder both do very impressive work with SketchUp. I’m curious to see what further integrations with some of Trimble’s tools have been made within the Brock workflow.

1 Like

I almost missed today - DST ended here on Sunday but seems to go on in Colorado.

3 Likes

excellent presentation John

2 Likes

John that was great! My questions is if you could go back to your younger self when you started using SketchUp, what would you tell yourself to do with SketchUp differently?

1 Like

That is a great question! I honestly have not had the time to quantify that but need too!

1 Like

Thanks Bob! Keep up the good fight!

1 Like

I’ve been using many of the same techniques as you to design houses for years but have had a hard time finding people to join the team who know how to use SKetchUp efficiently. How do you find qualified designers to hire?

2 Likes

Do you always start with a 2D plan set?

1 Like

slowly but surely!

“equate to”? in what way Michael? You have my email, feel free to reach out anytime, always good to chat!

Yes, because we always get 2D PDFs that we need to bring to life

Would you consider Design?Build starting with SU alone?

Wow, great question! Learn to code! I have so many ideas but no bandwidth or talent for coding. It would balance the cost equation!

2 Likes