Entity info box not working

Entity info box only shows the top half. Bottom half is blank. Several examples of the glitch found online but none of the current fixes worked like, screen resolution changes, unticking the OpenGL “use fast feedback” box.

SketchUp Pro 2019 on HP hi Resolution Spectre laptop. Newly loaded.

Did you install SketchUp correctly? That is, did you right click on the downloaded installer and choose Run as administrator from the Context menu?

Can you show a screen shot of what you are seeing?

![Capture.PNG|437x499](upload://NcJmXAJzEb81XCP6XhI3u8

9Aez.jpeg)
I don’t know for sure if installed correctly. I just followed prompts for most automatic install not confident to do anything custom.

It does the same thing as a separate tray.

The first step is to make sure you’ve installed it correctly. Close SketchUp (and LayOut if it is open) and find the installer you downloaded. Right click on it and choose Run as administrator. Then, when presented with the options, choose Repair. Make sure you are doing this while logged into Windows as your normal user.

By the way, if you haven’t downloaded the 2019 installer recently, you should to make sure you have 2019.3, the latest version. If you are up to date on your subscription, you could also upgrade to 2020.

For some reason it’s trying to use an unused volume F. It ignores my click on C so can’t get it to repair.

That’s weird. I’ve never seen anyone report that before. Might try rebooting the machine. Do a cold reboot (power off completely).

@DanRathbun, any thoughts?

Most of these problems are scaling issues, what are your display settings?
If higher then 150%, it might get buggy.

Yea, I noticed he said his laptop was High Res, so reducing Display Scaling would be 1st step if it’s over 150%.

Second, I’d uninstall SketchUp, reboot, then reinstall and be sure to install to C drive (via right-click "Run as administrator.)

Thanks Dan,
Tried all those things but did not work so I just uninstalled 2019
and installed 2020 version and it works fine.
FYI it looks bad when you try to run on lower than recommended
scaling so I hope they can figure that out for flexibility for
future.
Appreciate your help,
David

1 Like