Eneroth Extensions FAQ

I paid for an extension. Where is the RBZ file?

When purchasing an extension from the Extension Warehouse there is no direct access to the RBZ file. You need to open Extension Warehouse inside of SketchUp, browse to the extension again and hit install. Even if I manually sent you an RBZ file you wouldn’t be able to use it. The extension license gets generated and activated when installing from Extension Warehouse and cannot be manually activated.

I’m sorry if this is confusing but there is nothing I can do about it. For further questions on how to install from Extension Warehouse, please contact SketchUp support.

I paid for an extension but Extension Warehouse has been disabled for my SketchUp version!

SketchUp has a policy to continuously disable Extension Warehouse for older SketchUp versions. This includes users with a valid legal perpetual SketchUp license.

I’m sorry if this is frustrating but I’m not in charge of this policy and can’t help you with it. If you can’t update SketchUp you can contact sketchup support for a refund on the extension. (And no, I cannot personally make a refund)

I have paid for an extension but can no longer install it

Make sure you are signed in with the same account as when you first bought the extension.

If your licensing seats have run out you can contact SketchUp support to have more seats added. (I think the design intent was that seats are freed up when uninstalling the extension from older SketchUp installs you no longer use, but I don’t know if that has ever actually worked)

My payment card isn’t accepted

I made the extension, not the website you are trying to buy it from. For issues with the SketchUp Extension Warehouse website, please contact SketchUp support directly.

Do you accept PayPal?

SketchUp Extension Warehouse does not support PayPal.

I made the extension, not the website you are trying to buy it from. For suggestions regarding the SketchUp Extension Warehouse website, please contact SketchUp support directly.

I have some other issue with the website or purchasing

I made the extension, not the website you are trying to get it from. For issues regarding the SketchUp Extension Warehouse website, please contact SketchUp support directly.

Can I transfer my license to a different email?

I think so but contact SketchUp support about it. Extension developers don’t have this access.

Do you sell your extensions on a different website?

No. I make the extensions I need for my own modeling workflow and then sell some of them on the side of my main job. I do not have the time or energy for setting up a separate store.

[Incomprehensible nonsense]

[Incomprehensible response]

[Sexist remark]

F*** off

I can’t use an extension because it is “unsigned”

Some of my extensions were not signed when uploaded to the Extension Warehouse. To load them anyway, you can go to Windows > Extension Manger > Settings and set the Loading Policy to unrestricted.

Hypothetically I could resubmit these extensions for them to be signed, but it would trigger an update notification for hundreds of thousands of users even if there are no changes to the extensions and would risk just causing more confusion.

The toolbar button in Eneroth Slicer is disabled

Sorry, my bad. This extension needs a Section Plane to be selected before it can be used. For invalid selections I’ve disabled the command but really I should have provided an error message instead. Hopefully will get to it at some point.

7 Likes

Most of this ought to be a generic FAQ for all paid extensions hosted on the Warehouse.

2 Likes

For “Windows > Extension Manger > Settings”, recent versions of SketchUp have that at “Extensions/Extensions Manager”. In both cases Settings is the gear icon in the upper right.

Is is possible for a paid extension to be transferred by Support, to another email address. Ideally you would request that from the email address that currently owns the entitlement. I am not sure what Support’s policy is with regard to requests from people who either have never paid for SketchUp, or have not been under any support for a long time.

1 Like