Editing Component into multiple versions (HELP)

I’m new to SketchUp, and using it for theatre.

I’ve built the theatre space with no problems. I’m now starting to add seating to the model. The theatre space we use flexible, meaning that sections of seating risers are moved around from show to show as fits the design needs of the production.

I created a 3’x8’x8" seating riser with 4 chairs, and have created a component for it, which is now in my component library.

Where I’m running into trouble is that I would like to now make 16", 24", 32", etc. high versions of the same component, but what I’m running into is that it just wants to edit my original 8" component. Is there a way to create a copy of the component, edit it, and save it as a new component? I thought I had done this (I have “Save As”'d two different versions, but the changes seems to affect both).

I’m hoping I don’t have to build each component from scratch, as all I need to change is the height of the “box” that the chairs are sitting on.

Thank you in advance for your help

Right Click on a second instance of your first one and choose Make Unique from the context menu and go from there.

I knew it had to be something simple I was missing, thank you

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.