Edit entity without changing other entities on the same page

Hello all,
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to “disconnect” or “lock” entities from one another when they are on the same page.
For example, if I have 3 elevations on one page and only one needs updating, if I update the reference it effects all the other elevations and I have to start over. SO the only way I’ve been able to update entities so far is to export them to a new layout page and copy and paste again( very tedious process).

Please help,

There’s no reason those other elevations should get changed unless you’ve set up your SketchUp file or the LayOut file incorrectly. Can you share the LO file so we can see how you have everything set up?

If you can’t or don’t want to share it publicly, send it to me via private message.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Mq-7vVVP3X7Uztizh9Z3UFbAVJTKW3m/view?usp=sharing
attached.
Where can I find a tutorial how to set up the file correctly?

Thanks
Julia

there are some books out there that can help. Look for books by Michael Brightman, Nick Sonder, and Matt Donley.

Thanks, is there something along the lines of Linda?

Julia

Were you able to open the link?

Thank you for your help!

I got called away but I’ll take a look as soon as I can.

As expected, all your SketchUp views refer to “Last saved SketchUp view” so when you modify the model, save it and update your LayOut file, all the views will show what was on your SketchUp screen when you last saved it.

You must set up your views in Sketchup and save them as scenes there. Then, in LayOut, you make your SketchUp viewports reference the different named scenes.

1 Like

Got it! thank god I have all the scenes saved.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.