I’ve spent a couple hours on my MAC, but cannot figure out why the ERROR msg "Invalid entity to animate (“X”)" occurs whenever I edit values in a previously-working animation function. Does anyone know how to avoid this situation?
Here’s how to recreate the problem:
- Download Sketchup’s basic animation example, i.e., Car moving along 12 inch ruler;
- Without editing anything, I can successfully run the example;
- View the ANIMATE(“X”,0,6,12) command in the Component Attributes window;
- Edit any non-digit character to the right of ANIMATE(", e.g., replace “X” with “X”, or remove/replace the ending parenthesis or any comma, etc.
- Any attempt to run the animation causes the runtime error to occur.
Re-installing the 30-day trial version of SketchUp 15.3.239 and shutdown my MAC (10.9.5) didn’t solve the issue. Any thoughts?