Continuing the discussion from Problem with dynamic components:
Good Morning All,
I am creating dynamic components for construction equipment for the last 6 years. With some complex models I have 2 issues;
- the components start to random rescale automatically after changing the variables in the dialogue/table
- the groups within the components starting to take their own X,Y,Z position. After a save and restart it is correcting it self.
I use the following method in Sketchup
- Create a component, mostly consisting of a line with a length representing the object length
- Insert inside the component a group with the required shape of the object
- The model consists of various groups and components with all a unique name unless more of the same name are used, but those groups ar within the same component. I have noticed that these groups then start to behave like components until the moment the command Statistics - Fix Errors has been used.
- To avoid rescaling I now need to give every group its specific dimensions LenX, LenY and LenZ, and X,Y and Z which is very time consuming
Anybody else has the same issues?