Downloaded another trial version to my computer, but it won't open now

Hi there. I do not see a post button, so I will reply.

I love SU so far, and used the trial version on my GF’s computer for three days. I uploaded my work to Dropbox, and downloaded another trial version to my computer, but it won’t open now. I keep getting this error box:

No idea what’s wrong.

Here is the data on my graphics card:

The Display mode says 32bit.
EDIT: Now that think of it, that perhaps refers to the color bit-depth.

The installer is attempting to install the 64 bit edition of SketchUp.

Dan, please determine what the bitness of your Windows is:
Control Panel > System > System Type

If it is 32bit, you need the 32bit edition of SketchUp.

Go to Microsoft Download and install the latest version your OS supports, of dotNET 4.0, separately. Then reinstall SU2014.

Basically it is trying to do a microsoft install in the middle of it’s own install.

Possible reason:

• your firewall or AV may be preventing this nested install.
  • an older version of the runtime libraries may need to be uninstalled, but you’ve since deleted their installer package. (It’s needed to do the uninstall, before the newer version’s installer package can run.)

As a last resort find the logfile listed in the temp folder and attach that to your original post (above.)

EDIT: It is dotNET 4.0 install that is causing the error (not the Visual C Runtime library install.).

Make sure your Windows version and edition supports dotNET 4.0 !

Thanks Dan

How do I install the latest version OS supports, of dotNET 4.0,
separately.?

Dan

The “Bing” url in your error message, pointed at the web installer for the dotNET 4x Framework.

Here is the link to the downloadable offline installer package:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Offline Installer)
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1. The offline package can be used in situations where the web installer cannot be used due to lack of internet connectivity.

While you’re at it, update your graphics driver too.

And once SU is installed, go to the NVIDIA control panel and choose to use the graphics card for SU instead of the integrated graphics chip. By default, laptops like to use the IGA to save power.

Ok sorry to the 20 people who received my post. I kinda got confused.
Many thanks to DanRuthbun for solving the issue. Dan de Angeli