Dimensions mirrored

In Big Sur I see the same issue with 2017. Also, when you edit the text it looks correct. 2020 shows dimensions ok.

Could you use the Feedback application to report the problem to Apple?

Will do, thanks. I work there so hopefully I can track it internally.

1 Like

The dimension mirror/invert just happen to me too upon ā€œupgradeā€ to Big Sur. I cannot live with the dimension problem. Any resolution?

I am using 2017 Make pre-subscription. Do dimensions work OK with Big Sur with a subscription version?

You could add your feedback to the collection Apple is getting about problems created by Big Sur.

In any case as a Make user, you must be using this for your hobby. Donā€™t let it ruin your hobby. Apple will surely get fixed one of these days.

No. It affects all desktop versions of SketchUp. You could try the web version in the meantime.

Guess Iā€™m holding off on upgradingā€¦ Had this problem on my test computer I installed Big Sur onto.

Between that and 3DConnexionā€™s still-in-beta driver, I am holding off too.

Probably a good idea to hold off on updating to Big Sur until Apple gets it fixed.

What version of SketchUp are you actually using? There is no SketchUp 2018 Make as your profile indicates.

Sorry @DaveR - itā€™s Pro 2018 Mac. I setup my profile rather quickly.

1 Like

Hello everybody,
I noticed the same problem since Big Sur. I also made a post to the Apple users forume. Hoping Apple will take action soon.

is SU21 affected too?

I suspect so, but since I am still holding off installing Big Sur, I canā€™t say from personal experience.

mine does the exact same, im on a Mac mini BigSur (official release) and SU 2018Pro,
its frustrating.
any remedation yet?

/Rasmus

Good Sunday everyone!
I have the same problem and I wonder if we have any update on this topic?

According to your profile you have a Pro subscription. This problem shouldnā€™t exist in SketchUp 2021.

SketchUp 2017 will, as Trimble has stated, not receive any new maintenance updates, so if Apple doesnā€™t fix whatever is wrong in its display system, your dimensions will stay upside down in version 2017.

I have the same problem. Big Sur and SketchUp 2018. Anyone knows how to fix it?

Hopefully Apple will fix it soon.

Very doubtful Apple will do anything regarding this. It seems to be a one off issue thatā€™s affecting a single outdated app that the developers themselves will no longer support. Looks like any of us with Big Sur and Sketchup Make 2017 better move on.

I havenā€™t heard of any other apps similar to this that are experiencing the same problem.

There was an update yesterday, it seems to look good, now:

This will Make @ChrisDizon happy! :grinning:

2 Likes

@MikeWayzovski What is the version of the update you have? I still have the problem :frowning: