No. They wouldn’t be. Since they are attached to a different part of the model they aren’t going to automatically reattach to the model in the viewport when you change scenes.
Probably best to set out the viewports for each page before you even start adding dimensions and labels. Then go back through and add those things as needed for each page.
Hello. I think you misunderstood the question. There are 80 pages involved, and I don’t want to redo all the dimensioning every time; if I simply copy the scene—even if it represents a mirrored version—the dimensions and text would remain the same. As I mentioned, I finish a page, duplicate it, and then switch just the scene. That is exactly when the dimensions disappear, because the reference points (links) were tied to the original scene. Normally, if a dimension isn’t linked to the model, you can reconnect it—provided it’s the same existing scene. But if it’s a different scene, that function isn’t available; the dimensions can’t be moved, and the values change.
when you place a dimension, you attach it on two actual points of the 3d model.
if you double click on the model and move around, you’ll see the dimension follow.
if you pick a scene that shows other parts of the model, then the dimensions will still follow the points that they were attached to. possibly far away, or at a weird angle.
that’s how the dimensions manage to give you live accurate values.
go back to sketchup, do a pushpull or a move, one of the point moves, return to layout, the dimension will follow, even if the endpoint is now outside of viewport.
If you make dimensions in LayOut think of them on an overlay (not part of the SketchUp drawing or scene) If you add dimensions in SketchUp they are attached to the drawing only in the viewing angle you create them, as ateliernab and DaveR mentioned. If you change a scene in SketchUp the dimensions attached to the building at that viewing angle move in the direction you change the scene - so may no longer be visible from the new viewing angle of the different scene. As DaveR was suggesting, create all the scene views in SketchUp first, then import them all into LayOut and add dimensioning for each scene in LayOut.
I only create the scenes in SketchUp and handle all dimensioning in LayOut. However, the dimensions, text, and arrows shift when I switch scenes because the reference point cannot be linked any other way.
The dimensions shoft because they are linked to specific points in your model. When you change the scene to show a different camera position and/or different geometry, the dimensions will shift to stick with the original points.