Deforming a Face/Group with Texture Query

Good Afternoon

I’m hoping that this is a simple one, and that there is a straightforward solution.

I’ve attached a Sketchup file of a simple face, (in a group), which has a Mesh PNG applied.

The query is;

Is there a way to deform this group/face, so that it ‘sags’ at the top, rather like a tennis net does, or any other fabric based mesh, when hung on a wire? Ideally to make it sag and drag the texture with it, so that it too sags.

I realise that I have shown a steel mesh, but the mesh here is just for illustration.

I also Mesh - Query.skp (508.6 KB)
realise that I can create a simple curve on the top using the Curve tool, but if I do this, the mesh stays the same, ie, not ‘sagging’.

Would I need something like Artisan to do this?

Many thanks and Kind regards

Mike

PS. Apologies for embedding the file in the middle of a sentence :wink:

Here’s one way using Vertex Tools. (I used QuadFace Tool to subdivide the mesh up front though.)

DeformMesh

Thank you so much @tt_su

This is exactly what I need! Really appreciate the demonstration as well.

On these two extensions, can I ask how stable they are? I know that sounds like an odd question, but I’m always wary about installing extensions in case they mess up the stability of my system.

Kind regards

Mike

Both have been around for years. None of them with destabilize your system. QuadFace Tools have a lot of features - not all of them might be as polished as others. But you’d only notice if you used a given function of it.

Having them installed won’t make SU randomly crash or fail.

Hi Thomas

Absolutely loving the extensions, thank you.

Mike

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.