Default Tray locked & not responding

Hi,
I can manage the Tray, but nothing else is happening. It’s locked. Mouse doesn’t work on it, I can’t move it, scroll it, click on anything in it or do anything else with it. Even the PIN doesn’t work.
I can only hide it or not. :frowning:

Please help!

I already reinstall Sketchup, check and updated Windows, CPU and everything. Still don’t working.

How many screens attached?
Remove all but one, check for a pop up that might need action.

It’s working! Hallelujah!

I use 3 screens. And when I had only 1, it changes nothing. But when I used 1 and for the 100th time checked the View - Toolbars, it shows me Options and I had to have the box “Show Screen Tips on toolbars” unchecked.

1 Like

1 Like

I just ran into this same problem. none of the the trays (default or otherwise) would accept mouse clicks or typing. The only thing I could do is resize them. Resetting the workspace had no effect.

The solution: View - Toolbars - Options - uncheck 'Show Screentips on toolbars". Then the tray works again.

Why this setting breaks things, and why this fix is necessary, only God and an underpaid software engineer knows.

1 Like

I’ve run into this issue over the last couple of days. Your fix worked but why is it necessary and how do I stop this behaviour from happening in future? I use three monitors (laptop screen + two external) and now I have to unplug the external monitors every time I want to adjust my toolbar settings. Dialogue boxes opening off screen is so irritating!

You must use a way to connect your external monitors that supports your graphics card and OpenGL. This happens typically with laptop docks, I seem to remember many issues with Dell.

Okay. Thanks for the advice. My laptop is an Alienware R15 M2, so it’s from the Dell family. Strange that I’ve never experienced this issue before with SketchUp Pro, only with the latest release.