Creator 17 - Nvidia RTX 2070 Max Q Design not recognized

Hi everyone,

I hope you’re doing good.

I’m have MSI Creator 17 with Nividia RTX 2070 Max Q Design, the problem is that the graphic card is working fine except for one program which is Sketchup and Vray.

It’s mentionned in the error log that I need to update my graphic card driver, even if I have the last version installed which is “457.34”

Error log: “Failed to initialize OptiX (check your driver version. OptiX requires NVidia driver 466.11 or later)! Error Code : 7801”

Could you please support on this?

Thank you for your help !

That is not the latest. I have RTX 2070 and my driver version is 511.something, and there might already be a newer one. Go to the Nvidia site for drivers, not MSI.

The latest is

or

Thank you, I will test installing the driver from NVidia website and be back to you.

Thank you @dezmo , I will test installing the driver from this link and be back to you

What version of SketchUp are you using? Your profile says you are using SketchUp Free (web). If that’s the case, it might also be important as to which browser you are you using.

No, I’m using the desktop version 2022.

I’ve tried to downgrade to previous versions of Sketchup, but it seems that the problem is also related to Vray so the problem persisted.

Check too that you are running the latest version of V-Ray. Older ones aren’t compatible with SketchUp 2022.

Please correct your forum profile.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.