Creating faces for a complex 2D shape

Hello, I imported this drawn DWG file in SketchUp. I want to extrude them but I’m having problems creating a face out of this shape. Is there any way to do that, without using paid plugins?

Thanks a lot

We could help you better if you put useful information in your forum profile. “sdf” is nonsense.

Share the .skp file so we can see exactly what you are working with. Filling in the face might be as simple as tracing an edge segment. It might take more work. Impossible to tell for sure from your screenshot.

Thanks for your reply, I updated my forum profile now.

Here is the -skp file-

entwurf-iso.skp (526.9 KB)

Thank you.

You can do this without any extensions, free or paid. First fix the lousy geometry around the edges. There are sort of doubled edges along the long curve. Erase the incorrect ones.

There’s a gap and an overrun at the corner of one of the “notches”. Contine the straight edge past the curve and erase the overruns.

There’s another gap near where my cursor is in the next screenshot. Fix that and you should be able to close the face by tracing an edge.

While you’re at it, fix incorrect tag usage. ALL edges and faces should be untagged in SketchUp.
Screenshot - 1_21_2024 , 9_29_52 AM

entwurf-iso with face.skp (421.8 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

You’re welcome. By the way, I forgot to mention, those doubled up edges are easier to find if you turn off Profiles in the style’s Edge settings or at least set Profiles to 1.