Crashing when exporting 2d Model to Vectored file. (PDF or EPS)

SketchUp goes unresponsive when trying to export a file to EPS. I am not sure what the issue is, when monitoring performance, nothing on the workstation passed 60% usage. Has anybody else had issues exporting to EPS or PDF?

I can send to layout then export to PDF, however when opening in Illustrator, it does not have the lines needed.

This has a deadline today and I have been stuck trying to find out how to export to EPS, so any help possibly would really be greatly appreciated.

I haven’t seen any crashes here during export.

What happens if you render the viewport as Vector before creating the PDF?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the quick response, we ended up working off of the non vectored PDF from layout it was just a much more annoying way than the EPS route. However I would like to fix this issue for next time.

I just double checked layout and under Sketchup Model, it is defaulted to Rendered Vector. So this would have already been selected last time.

Would file size possibly be the issue with why SketchUp is crashing? It is only a 50mb file so I do not see why this would be an issue, however, out of curiosity I just tried with a 12 mb file and it successfully exported to EPS.

Thanks again for the help.

Yes. It might be file size or it might have something to do with some geometry–very short edges, maybe. You could see if purging unused from the model has any effect.

Another thing to try in SketchUp is to print to a PDF printer with the “Use high-accuracy HLR” printing option enabled. The result is practically identical to the PDF/EPS export.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.