Copy and paste reference link

Hi
This is my first post here. I was wondering how to add a reference to exactly mimic the reference you want to copy in doc setup. This will be very helpful thanks.

Can you explain more completely what you are trying to do?

References shown in Document Setup are added by inserting the file using File>Insert or, in the case of a SketchUp file, Send to LayOut in SketchUp’s File menu.

Copying and Pasting into LayOut is not recommended at all due to the temporary nature of the reference.

Yes, for instance I have section cut A model template linked into the doc setup. then I develop section B with the same model template. and I want to create a new link that has the same attributes or in other word “acts the same”

I think we need to get some terminology straightened out. What are these “templates” you are referring to? SketchUp models?

yes sketch up models

Duplicate a reference and its view ports.

OK. The viewports come from the scenes you have established in the SketchUp models. Do you want to add views of Model B to the same document that Model A is show in or do you want to replace Model A with Model B to create a new document?

There is section A and B model linked already in doc setup i would like to add another one acting the same called “C”

You would need to insert the SketchUp "file C. One way to do that would be to make a copy of the current document and then replace the file A reference with file C. Assuming the scenes are identically named and you haven’t modified the scenes in LayOut, you’ll get a replacement. You can then copy the results to new new pages added to the existing A and B models document.

There was a similar question a week or two ago and I made an example to show how it would be done. See the following. Short of keeping all versions of the models in a single file, this is probably the easiest way to do it. After pasting the contents from the one LO document to the other, check to make sure the reference shows the actual model c SKP file.

Thanks man let me try and make that happen. I really didn’t expect such prompt response thank you so much.

Sorry. I guess you should wait until Monday to read that other thread. :smiley:

No prob man Im still trying

1 Like