Converting SketchUp file to dwg

Hello Everyone, I’m a occasional user maybe once every 6 months. I need a file converted to dwg . I understand you have to have pro now to convert these files. Can anyone direct me to somehow find another way. I think it would be kind of crazy to pay $200 to convert one file. Thanks
Chimney cap.skp (54.5 KB)

Chimney cap.dwg (137.5 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks , I really appreciate that I have been battling this for 2-3 weeks.

1 Like

Since this is just a hobby thing for you, hoping for the generosity of others is probably your best bet.

And you got pretty fast service, too.

how to convert skp file to dwg file…please help

File>Export. Choose 2D for a 2D .dwg file and choose the file type or 3D and choose the file type if you want a 3D .dwg.

Screenshot - 1_17_2020 , 8_47_49 PM

Screenshot - 1_17_2020 , 8_48_25 PM

HI dezmo Are you still offering advice?

Yes, I still can give advice. Maybe I’ll even convert an skp to dwg… (Sometimes slower, sometimes faster…:wink: )

2 Likes

Hi is there any chance someone can .dwg this file for me? Trying to build a house and the structural engineer wants more than just
House Plan 26JUL2023.skp (235.2 KB)
PDFs.

Thanks in advance!

Here you go
House Plan 26JUL2023.dwg (289.0 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks much!!

Hi all, does anyone know if there are any new ways of converting SKB to DWG other than buying Pro? Or can anyone transfer these 2 files for me?? Thanks :slight_smile:
House-and-Shed-Layouts_07102023.skp (10.0 MB)
House-and-shed-models_07102023.skp (10.1 MB)

Here they are.

wow, champion, thank you!

One more request, hope it isn’t too much. Changed the design quite a bit on the house project and engineers will be wanting a fresh set of .dwg

Also, for those familiar with .dwg, I’m curious how everything converts over. I use mostly tags as a way to separate different sections. I hope its not too annoying to figure out when converted.

Thanks

Harrison st updated design.skp (182.1 KB)

I exported the 3D model as well as the top view 2D - without any check… you can evaluate the results yourself… :wink:

Harrison st updated design_3d.dwg (724.2 KB)

Harrison st updated design_2d.dwg (77.5 KB)

Legendary!

thanks

1 Like

Harrison st updated design (1).skp (206.3 KB)

Ok the engineer on this stinking project wants each component broken out on the DWG ie walls separate from roofs separate from floor plans etc. I drew it all as one complete structure and then used views/tags to see each individual piece. Anyone willing to help me out one final time with the conversion?

Thanks in advance

So you’re using SketchUp Free commercially and expecting Pro users to make these file conversions for you.

3 Likes

Harrison st updated design (1).dwg (905.8 KB)