Convert a sketchup file to an older version

Hello! I explain my problem : I use sketch up make 2016 desktop on my computer and I love it. A friend recently gave me a file they made with sketch up 2018 and I can’t open it since it is a newer version.
Then I tried to open it with sketchup web and it worked, but the problem is that I have a bad internet connection. It takes me several minutes to upload and open a file with sketchup web and modelling online is very laggy.

Is there any way I can convert a 2018 sketchup file into a version I can open with a 2016 or 2017 desktop version?
Also, how can I download models I create with sketchup web? I tried to click on the “file” icon, then on “download” but I always get an error message saying “An error occurred while downloading the model.”, regarless the version I choose for the download

You can use Eneroth Open Newer Version for this, but only if you are on a 64 bit system.

1 Like

If you still have access to them then your friend can re-save the file as a version 16 and send again. Sketchup easily back-saves to previous versions.

It was exactly what I was looking for (and really usefull), thank you very much!

Windows only, unfortunately.