Components aren't showing up in one file but shows up in other files

I have a component that shows up in every file except for one specific file. I hid the component and it won’t unhide itself. It says its visible but doesn’t show up in my vray buffer frame.
I’ve tried copying and pasting it, even uploading it into 3D warehouse and redownloading it. I can’t seem to figure out this issue.

Can you share the .skp file so we can see what you’ve got?

ergwhuirgewbhjlghgwl.skp (12.4 MB)
I have a flame in this lantern that won’t show up.
I also have this lantern with the flame in the 3D warehouse that downloads and shows up just fine in every other file. This specific file it will not show up. I am trying to render it and it is not working.
There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with the lantern or the flame itself, just the file. I don’t understand what is going on with it.

Is this the flame you’re looking for? I probably don’t have it at the right size but…

You have the material’s opacity set to practically transparent. here’s the way it appears if you just reduce the opacity.

Dig in there and make the texture so it isn’t projected and then adjust the size and move it on the face until it’s the right size and in the right location.

yes all of that is correct and how it’s supposed to be. it’s just not showing up in that specific file. when I render it in vray it won’t show at all.

The light of the omni light inside the lantern does show in V-Ray

Yes it does but i need that flame. try opening the same lantern in a different file and open it in v-ray. if that doesn’t work you can get it from the 3D warehouse and i can tell you how. you will see and understand my problem.

Moved to the Vray category since it’s a Vray issue.

We don’t know that.

todd 1.27.22.skp (12.5 MB)
here is the file you can try to render where it will actually work. i need it to work in the first file i posted on here. if it is a vray issue, i have no idea what the issue could be.

I see no difference in this file either. There is the omni light inside the lantern.

I made the material fully opaque and edited the style with Face transparency set to “Nicer”. Then, in V.Ray, I set the transparency of the “fuego” material down from the full it was set to, and added some intensity to the lighting effect, and switched on the omni lights.
BTW, I don’t know what the quality slider in V-ray actually does, but my first try was with your slider set to the max and the second was something like a bit lower than medium. I see no quality difference but the speed was about 4 times faster. I always turn on the denoiser.

1 Like

Okay, so, I solved the issue. My graphics card wasn’t working. :upside_down_face:
i appreciate everyones help…