Component outline on face?

Hi, I’m very new with SketchUp so bare with me a little. I’m trying to practice making a model for a set I’m working on, and I imported this bed component I found online. When I align it with the face, I can see the outline on the other side. Now, I don’t know if this is just how it is on SketchUp, or if there is a way for these to go away. I’ve tried erasing them, hiding them, all resulting in deleting the actual component itself. I don’t know what else to do, I’ve attached a picture so you can see what I’m talking about.

Faces in SketchUp have no thickness. You’ve placed the side of the bed such that it occupies the same location as the face of the wall. Move the bed out away from the wall or give the wall some thickness or both. If you orbit to underneath you’ll see the bottoms of the legs, too.

Probably best practice is to give your floors and walls thickness to more closely represent reality.

Make sure you correct the reversed faces. There should be no exposed blue back faces in your model.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the help very much!

1 Like