Complex curved roof creation

advice

Roof Mager House.pdf (121.4 KB)

Hi,
I wonder if someone can help me on this tricky issue. I am trying to create a curved roof which has an irregular shape and curves in 2 directions. I have spent two days on this now and I simply cannot do it. Nor have I been able to find a tutorial showing how to do it. I wonder if there is someone who knows and is kind enough to point me in the right direction? I attach a file showing the roofline from four cardinal points as well as from the top. Many thanks in advance. Stefan

If you understand the roof then you should be able to draw it.

Hi,
Many many thank. Very kind of you to go to the trouble. Will try again tomorrow. I tried to install Curveloft but can’t get it to work. Will try again tomorrow. Once again many thanks and greetings.

Stefan

[quote=“stef, post:3, topic:19866”]
I tried to install Curveloft but can’t get it to work.
[/quote] Did you also install the Fredo Lib that it needs.
You also need to restart SketchUp to make sure it all loads OK afterwards.

Hi Tig,
Thanks. I have followed your instructions and have Curviloft working. However, as much as I try I can’t get it to work. Here is a screenshot. If not too much trouble, could you point me in the right direction. Stefan

[quote=“stef, post:1, topic:19866”]
… I am trying to create a curved roof which has an irregular shape and curves in 2 directions. …[/quote]
The roof seems to be curved in only one direction, left to right / east to west.
Maybe you could tell what the roof to is going to be: profile metal sheet cladding (curve restricted perpendicular to profile), plywood (more freedom), or something else.
Is it an existing building or a new design?

Delete the two side lines, then select the front and back profiles and run the first “Face” icon of the Curviloft toolbar.
Also take a better look at your drawings as the segmented profile is not flat, if you look at the front view(south elevation) you will notice that.