Cloud Rendering

Hi SketchUp Community,

Rebusfarm starts its beta support for SketchUp 2016 with V-Ray for stills and animations. We are very interested into your comments helping to improve the service and build a stable and bullet-proof version of our SketchUp Plugin.

Currently we are in beta and will only charge 50% for SketchUp users. Furthermore you get 10 EUR free render credits by registration.

Download the RebusFarm Software at RebusFarm: Render farm Software Manager Download and you will see the “render with rebusfarm …” entry in your SketchUp menu.

Best Wishes

RebusFarm Support

info@rebusfarm.net
+(49) 0221 - 945 26 81

2 Likes

Hello! Thank you for this post. I’ve never heard of your services before and it really interested me. My notebook is a bit old, so I think I might consider giving your software a try. I looked at your website but I still have some questions. So, basically your service helps people with slow computers/notebooks or extensive projects to render their models faster? How is it integrated with V-Ray? Do we have to share our SketchUp files with you? How exactly does that work? Also, it was a bit difficult for me to find information about prices from your website.

Please send an e-mail to info@rebusfarm.net and our Support Team will reply to your questions.

Hi,

we’re in the final phase of our beta testing for SketchUp with V-Ray and looking for your help to make last improvements.

Render your work on our farm for only half the price and let us know if there are things we can enhance.

The automatic 50% discount only applies as long as we are in beta. So take this chance to render your work for a small price on our render farm and help us to optimize our service.

Use the following link to get started RebusFarm: Quickstart to Cloud Rendering
By the way, if you are new to our renderfarm you will receive a 10 Euro free trial with your registration.

We’re looking forward to your feedback.

Best wishes,
your RebusFarm team

Would you be able to post the answers here, I am also looking at cloud rendering and have the same questions as VahePogossian. Also do I need Vray myself or not? Is the plugin part of Sketchup or part of Vray?

Thanks

H there,

Sure! Basically RebusFarm speeds up renderings by distributing frames or image parts to many rendernodes, having them rendered at the same time. You can either submit animations or single still images. The latter will be split into multiple image parts, each rendered on a dedicated node. The imageparts will be merged into the final image after all parts have been completed.

Our Farminizer plugin is installed into Sketchup, but uses V-Ray to export a standalone scene for the farm. This one is rendered through V-Ray only without Sketchup. Therefore we only support scenes built with V-Ray inside Sketchup.

Regarding the costs, you can either use the costcalculator or to have more precise estimations, send testframes to determine rendercosts for certain frame rendertimes.

Hope this helps!
Your RebusFarm team

Aha I see, unfortunately I do not own Vray but thanks for the info!

Update: our beta phase for Sketch-Up with V-Ray ends on January 31st, 2018. Until then the 50% discount is active and any feedback is appreciated.

Will you be planning any other render engine integration in the future?

Currently we don’t have plans in that direction. What renderer would you like to see with SketchUp? Let us know and we will see what we can do.

hello,

could you explain how to use it ?
i have vray 3.6 and install the rebus farm software but i don’t know how to export my animation on it…

i saw your tutorials, but no one with sketchup/vray

Hi Donass69,

here is a tutorial on how to use SketchUp with RebusFarm:

I hope that helps you. If you still have questions about it, feel free to contact our support via info@rebusfarm.net. They will be happy to help you.

hi , i have just installed rebus,
I have tried to follow this but no luck, it simply doesnt appear. when trying to install via the extension warehouse, and pointing the rebus program app/sketchup etc. that doesnt work either becuase the file is .rb, and not .rbz

Hi James,

I’m not sure what went wrong in your case. Please contact our support via info@rebusfarm.net and let them know what exactly you did and they will be happy to help you.

1 Like

The .rb file should be installer like olders versions of Sketchup. Put the file in the plugins folder: C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017\SketchUp\Plugins

now I have this when i open sketchup…

Error Loading File rebusUpload.rb

Error: #<LoadError: cannot load such file – vfs.rb>

C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require’

C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require’

C:/Users/James Craig/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/rebus/validator.rb:3:in `<top (required)>’

C:/Users/James Craig/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/rebus/rebusUploadDlg.rb:12:in `require_relative’

C:/Users/James Craig/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/rebus/rebusUploadDlg.rb:12:in `<top (required)>’

C:/Users/James Craig/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/rebusUpload.rb:7:in `require_relative’

C:/Users/James Craig/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/rebusUpload.rb:7:in `<top (required)>’

Hi James,

please contact our support about this via info@rebusfarm.net.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.