Clean up my model - follow me

I know I have questioned about this issue before, but with all my researching I cant see to figure out how to do it myself. I created a spiral staircase using the follow me tool. However, my railing did not come out how I wanted it to some of the faces are filled it when its meant to look like a railing. Any help would be much appreciated! Sorry for the constant questions!

Just draw a line over existing one

cle-03

1 Like

I have tried to do that but I cant see what lines I need to draw because to me it looks like a whole shape

Pick a line and draw over

cle-04

This technique doesn’t seem to be working for me. I don’t know what I am doing wrong!

It’s working just fine
cle-05

Hi, @JamieStorey2000 , the technique that @mihai.s is using works for me as well. I noticed something in one of your images:

Two lines

It looks like you may have Push-Pulled a front face through the back face, leaving extra edge lines. Maybe just use select/delete a few times to make sure that doesn’t happen.

Once you click into the component, you can click-select the face you want to fix and that will show all of the parts you want separated. Then just a short line on one of the edges will separate the geometry. You can also just draw a short line on an edge (without selecting/highlighting the face). When you do that the line will become lighter looking. Then erase/cut/delete the faces you don’t want.

Fixing the ‘front’ of the stair rail does not fix the inside. You need to draw lines on the inside too. You could rotate your view to see the face if that helps.

1 Like

I used the second method of intersecting the faces with the selection and that seemed to work well after a few trial and errors! Thanks for your advice! In the future I will definitely try an alternative method. Thank you!