Clay render in V-ray

Hi I’m a new sketchup user, I’ve been trying to render my model on sketchup for a while but it keeps adding weird surfaces on the image and I can’t figure out what it is. This is from a section but nothing behind the section reflects those big patches so can anyone help??

What rendering application? It would help if you share the .skp file so we can see what you’ve got.

Perhaps a bit more detail - what software are you using to create clay renders? possibly you have a issue with reverse faces while rendering single sided… . \

I’m using Vray, ill add more pictures. I don’t know if it helps, the .skp file is too big to put here it says.

That’s important information to include in your first post. I’ve moved your post to the correct category.
Your model has a lot of reversed faces. There should be no exposed blue back faces.

What “big patches” are you referring to?

thank you, this part isn’t supposed to be on my render.
Is it possible to reverse the blue faces at once? Or do I do this manually

It depends on how you’ve built the model. You’ll probably need to select all of those blue back faces, right click on one of them and choose Reverse Faces.

It’s important to keep on top of correct face orientation as you go through the modeling process.

Yess, thank you very much. Took me long but the faces were the problem. Now the patches are gone

1 Like

Good deal. And good lesson for next time. :wink:

1 Like