Can't zoom in close on a point

Since the recent upgrade for Sketchup Pro 2020, I have not been able to zoom in close to a line or point in my model as I previously had. When I zoom in to get close to a line, the view seems to hit the “lens” of the camera and the lines cut out and disappear. Normally when this would happen, I would hit “zoom extents” and it would reset and I could zoom without issue again. Now after “zoom extents”, the issue still persists. This has always been a problem when in “perspective” camera view, but it is now also happening in “parallel projection”.

Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Joel

You would switch to perspective, then zoom extents. There isn’t really anything different in 2020 in that regard, the same conditions should go wrong in SketchUp 8 or later.

There is a change in either 2020 or 2020.1 that breaks the parallel projection camera and makes it impossible to zoom into geometry.

I found that happening quite a lot recently too. I noticed that when geometry started disappearing, hitting the space bar to cancel out of my current tool would generally sort it in that instance so I could continue with what I was doing.

I’m using 2020.1 also :thinking: