Can't "select" a Viewport in Layout

I am not sure if this was something that was update with the recent release of sketchup/layout 2024, but when I send my model to layout and add a viewport, the viewport gets added to the page but I can’t “select it” with the select tool and one mouse click. I have to hold, click and drag left to select the viewport (i.e. if I want to move it, reposition it, or open it for editing). From there, I can’t move the viewport around on the page unless the mouse is hovering over actual geometry (not just the viewport box). Also, if I want to change the scale (or literally ANYTHING AT ALL), I have to hit “render” every SINGLE time.

Are these things normal? I used to love layout, I actually used it to perfect my models and love using it as a program. Are these changes to the 2024 version that I just have to deal with? This is absolutely nuts!

There’s not much in the viewport to click on to select it. You have to click on some entity in the viewport but most of it is empty space. Click on an edge or some place where there’s a collection of edges. This isn’t anything new in LayOut 2024. I’ve seen this behavior for more than a decade.

select

What kind of changes are you referring to? Select a viewport in the document and make sure Auto for rendering is selected.
Screenshot - 7_15_2024 , 7_45_34 PM

Normally Auto rendering is enabled but you might have turned ift off accidentally.

You might want to remove your file. It’s got contact information in it.