Can't Open Model Drawn in Pro into Make

I didn’t realize I was using a free trial version of Pro when I made some models. Now that the trial is over, I downloaded Sketchup Make, but when I try to open one of the models, it says “The file was created in a newer version of Sketchup. You have 16.1.1450; you need 17.2.2555.” Version 17.2.2555 is Pro. I’m a woodworker hobbyist and can’t justify the cost of Pro. Is there a way to get my models to open in Sketchup Make?

Two easy ways.

1. Upload via your browser to the 3D Warehouse. Then download as the version you want - you get to choose which version when you opt to download.

2. If you have another computer which will run SU2018 and has never had it installed, do a new installation, open your model in SU2018, then File/Save As the version your want.

PS. You can also install SU2017 Make if you want to - you can download it from https://www.sketchup.com/download/all back to v2017 Make or 2016 Pro for all supported OS platforms and languages.

OK, I went to my other computer with Sketchup on it to see what version it has. It has 17.2.2555. I went to this computer to see what version of Make is on it, and it has 17.2.2555 too. I tried to open the file that wouldn’t open before and it opened! It turns out I have TWO versions of Make on this computer. I uninstalled the previous version but I guess it didn’t work. I didn’t see the new upload thinking that the old version was the new one. Something like that. Now I too burned out to work on my model!

Might as well give up for today and start fresh tomorrow.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.