Cant get Sketchup 2021 to load in my new laptop keep getting hardware accelerationis unsupported or has been disabled

Can Anyone help me? I am trying to install Sketchup 2021 into my new Dell XPS 9710 with 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-11900H @ 2.50GHz, 64.0 GB Installed Ram and Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU
I keep error message when I click the icon
The following errors were found when launching Stetchup: -Hardware acceleration is unsupported or has been disabled on your graphics card.
Unfortunately, these errors will prevent Sketchup from running.
See this Help Center article for more information

Right lick on an empty spot on your desktop and select:
Next in the Nvidia control panel select:

Lastly select your 3060:

1 Like

Do you also have monitors connected to the laptop? Some (USB) hubs don’t support OpenGL.

1 Like

I also seem to remember that some Dell users have had to disable the integrated Intel graphics altogether in the device manager, leaving only Nvidia. Do that only if other solutions fail.

1 Like

(I wrote this yesterday but somehow it remained among my draft posts …)

Some other suggestion:
The “new” does means that everything is up to date.

• Make sure all Windows Update have done.

After the all windows update finised.

• You should go to Dell support site and update your firmware and drives.

• If you have a docking station you have to do with that as well, especially if you have secondary (or more) monitor connected to it.

• In certain cases on Dell machines - even with latest drives - some program (like Sketchup) does not handle nicely the integrated Intel graphics and the dedicated Nvidia.
    In that case you might have to disable the integrated graphics via bios.(Note: this will noticeable decrees the battery life, since the system will always use the more power hungry Nvidia)

• Last but not least: Make sure you installed Sketchup properly

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.